Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes




I received an exciting phone call yesterday afternoon from mum when she got home from work. My passport and Visa package had arrived - I had it sent to mum and dad's place because our letterbox is on the main road and I don't really trust having my passport and birth certificate etc sent hurrr.

So she opens it up while on the phone to me and crushes my high spirits by telling me the Visa is only stamped for three months... I was pretty bummed and worried that I would have to send it back to Canberra or that I had been denied completely. So I phoned the Netherlands Consulate this morning and had a chat to homegirl for a few minutes. She explained that the Visa in my passport is merely an entry Visa and that once I arrive I have to go to town hall or the local council and receive my 12 month Visa.

YAHTZEE!

Safe with the knowledge that everything had been approved and I would be granted entry and allowed to work, I jumped a bus to STA travel to see babe who had been sorting out all my arrangements and itinerary details.

20 minutes and $XXXX later, I jumped a bus home with the following booked in:

Friday 06-Feb-09
Singapore Airlines - Flight: SQ0256
Departs Brisbane International: 09:30
Arrives Singapore Changi: 15:15

Friday 06-Feb-09
Singapore Airlines - Flight: SQ0324
Departs Singapore Changi: 23:50
Arrives Amsterdam: 06:35 (Saturday 07-Feb-09)

I looked up Singapore Changi Airport today and it is pretty much like Disney Land. There are three cinemas, a swimming pool with complimentary towel, shower and non-alcoholic beverage upon arrival. The airport hosts the first butterfly enclosure in an airport anywhere in the world. There are 4 other huge garden areas, a plethora of fine dining choices as well as the usual duty free international airport garb. Super stoked though - I'm going to soak like a fiend in that pool for 7 hours.

So that is that. I'm going to kick Europe in the face from the 7th of February.

Here are a couple of photos of me hitting golf balls at the driving range on Wednesday night. Jackson's dad John was in town for the week so we went to smack the shit out of some balls with Matt, Nathan and Ryan. Nathan has one of the most aggressive and unpredictable back swings I have ever seen. He hit the ball so hard that the end of his driver broke off and went almost as far as the ball.


The strongest man alive.


My dad taught me well.


Whoa...


In other news, I didn't go to work today because I woke up and felt like I had cracked a rib or something. Definitely fucked myself up more than I thought I did last Sunday at the rock pools. My arm is still purple like a grape, but now I have a cold and everytime I cough I double over and it feels like something in my chest is broken.

Also, what the fuck is up with this heat. Disgusting. Uncomfortable. Humid.

Too much whinging. Not enough partying.

Scrad and I are getting DESCENDENTS tattoos on Sunday. Super stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment